This is turning out to be a big project. On Saturday, I removed all the portraits from the walls and filled the holes with spackle. Had to roll up the rug and scrub the hardwood floor (which REALLY needs to be refinished, but that will have to wait for now). Then on Sunday, I sanded down all the walls because the paint is raspberry semi-gloss and I wanted to be sure that the new paint would adhere and cover over it well. Today, after getting the kids off to day camp, I was able to really get moving on the primer. Kilz makes an awesome one that pretty much covered all the raspberry paint in one coat. And the plan for tomorrow is to pick out a creamy white top coat and finish the job. I was hoping not to have to paint the moulding, shelves and fireplace . . . but now they just look dingy compared to the primer. Hmmmmm - well, I guess the decision will be made once I start putting a top coat of paint on the walls.
Here's how it looked after we removed all the livingroom furniture and stuff. You may have to click on it to see it at the correct size cuz I think this is a little too big.
And here it is after a coat of primer. Still have to move the cabinets to another room, though. And here you can see just how badly the floor needs refinishing (foreground).
Have a great night everyone. :)